Sunday, August 23, 2009

School, tommorow?

I can't beleive school starts tommorow. This summer has been great, the best part was going to Uganda ofcourse! I put a picture of me and Zaituni, my sponsor child below. I am so happy I was able to meet her and all the other kids. They really are amazing. I'm planning the next trip to Uganda for December!

I'm off to buy school supplies now for myself and the school. I have a list of things needed at CUS and i'm planning to do some crafts next time I go. The kids lovveedd to draw but it's not an activity they can do often as it requires paper and crayons. I'm sure the few boxes of crayons we brought are almost done. I also want to do some crafts with the nursery kids involving cutting/glueing and making something cute. This way it can be an activity to improve on english in a fun way(learing shapes, colors, animals, etc). If anyone has any good craft ideas, for 4-6 year olds and does not require too much equipment, please let me know. Post a comment! (Nothing with paint either.)

Also some crafts that would be suitable for older kids, 7-10 and 11-14, I am cluless!!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

It sounds simple, but even our 14 year olds in the DR love making crowns. We cut out long strips of paper before hand. The kids get in a line and we use a stapler and measure the strips against their head, stapling it so that it is the right size and not too big or too small. They decorate the crown with markers- we also had them glue on feathers, buttons, etc. Like I said- simple, but a favourite!