Thursday, October 16, 2008

Work&Rabbits

Nothing much new happening. The bowl-o-thon is still keeping me busy though, which will be held next Saturday. I'm hoping for a good turnout. I've been collecting my pledges and so far have almost $100, which is great. I've been going door-to-door around where I babysit, just to try a new area and im pretty happy. The occasional rude person just has to say something..which kinda gets me fueled but I just have to bite my tongue, say thanks and walk away. Don't get me wrong, i'm not expecting everyone to donate or even support this cause (children receiving and education, what's there not to support, but anyways..) but the comments.ugh. So far I got- "I have four children" -Okay and you also have a four car garage I didn't get the memo that it was comment day? "I already help people in, UuUgale. And the ever famouse.. " What about the poor here?"


I also got a new part-time job. Yay! Helping a women with 3 kids (babysitting, laundry, etc)4 days a week in the morning and on the random weekend. I'm not used to getting up at 8 though with school starting at 1 but I gotta keep focused and know that this money will be getting me to all the places I plan on visiting this summer. I put up a 8x14 size picture at the foot of my bed of the community of Apac, so hopefully this will help.

And on pet news, I have a cat whose almost 12 and 2 budgies- who in retrospect are my brother's. It feels so lonely now with only 3 critters so I finally decided to adopt a rabbit. I've really wanted a rabbit since forever but the time was never right. So cross your fingers for meand hopefully he'll be home this week!!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

That is so funny... your posts sounds EXACTLY like mine about 6months ago when I tried doing door to door.. I got too annoyed with the rude comments and didn't keep it up.

P.S. Remember that fair trade business I mentioned in an email? It's starting.... :)